26 May 2011

right now

we just bought Qwirkle and have been playing it every night. every day, my girl plays with it, too, in her own way: matching shapes, sorting colors, counting, etc.

reading The Social Animal by David Brooks and pretty much having my mind blown

relishing the fact that I had the courage to call a major Time Out for the whole family on Tuesday: sometimes it's necessary

looking forward to a bonfire on Friday...and a long weekend

processing all the goodness of a weekend in D.C. filled with art and friendship: I got to reconnect with a friend from college and it was filled with meandering conversations and recognition

wondering what The Hubby and I should do to mark 10 years. (I have a great gift for him, but I'm not sure what I want and he is not a mind reader and I am impossible to shop for so I feel like I should just tell him what I want, but I'm not sure that what I want is worthy of a 10th Anniversary. ahem.)

preparing for a nice, long hike this weekend in Shenandoah National Forest

falling in love with Charley Harper's artwork...

what are you doing right now?

2 comments:

Judith said...

Wow, you folks are busy. I've never heard of that Quirkle game and it isn't immediately apparent that it may be fun. I can't offer you any suggestions on presents because I have seriously dropped the ball for years on what I want or what he should get for me.
Sounds like you're having a great weekend, keep up the good work.

Kelsi said...

Hey Judith! Quirkle is great, though I would probably like it a lot more if I could actually win. J is kicking my butt! But, don't worry, I'm learning more and more each time we play. I will be VICTORIOUS!