19 July 2011

right now

  • preparing to participate in A Week in the Life
  • rewriting a manuscript now that I've got my editor's brilliant comments and ideas in hand
  • drooling over the prints at Quercus Design. I discovered this woman's work during my visit to Maine. The postcards stopped me in my tracks and danced around my mind for weeks. OK, her collections are still dancing in my head. And I like it.
  • crossing off #21 on The List
  • making notepads by stapling stacks of my scrap paper together
  • loving the produce at the farmer's market: fingerling potatoes, beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, corn, artichokes, cherry tomatoes.
  • reading these books: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (again), One Man's Meat by E.B. White, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, Water Paper Paint by Heather Smith Jones (her last name cracks me up, I assume Smith is her maiden name and when she got married she added Jones, you  know to spice things up)
  • yearning for a nap
  • rejoicing for this cloudy day
  • using our toddler crayons (line a muffin pan with parchment paper, fill with broken crayons that have been peeled, heat in an oven heated to 250 degrees until sort of melted, this took about 30 minutes for us) these  crayons are brilliant: I no longer have to deal with crayons snapping in my hands as I color, I just put one of these beasts in my hand and go crazy on the paper. SO SATISFYING!
  • listening to some Dan Zanes

2 comments:

Tootsie Marie said...

look at thrift stores for other shaped muffin pans, for your crayons, (we have a dinosaur one)they make the-best crayons! & look here, she has great ideas too! http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/crayon-cupcakes-with-frosting/

Kelsi said...

thanks for the ideas!