10 November 2010

before i turn 33

I am a girl who loves a list. And since my birthday was last week it's high time to post this year's "before I turn XY" list. This is my fourth list and each time I make one I get better at fine-tuning and completing it. It's a gift to myself - planning what I want to focus my time and energy on in the coming year.


1. read the Old Testament
2. attend art camp with my girl
3. tour Washington National Cathedral
4. read "Grammatical Choices, Rhetorical Effects"
5. explore paper cut (words, scenes, collages)
6. submit quilt essay to 5 markets
7. visit Monticello
8. learn some basic French words and phrases
9. create and sell mixed paper journals
10. make the Ann & Andy dolls for NS
11. practice italic writing
12. sample 12 different types of olives from the olive bar
13. blog regularly
14. attend Pony Penning Days
15. explore bookbinding: spiral, text block
16. knit poncho for NS
17. visit Pope-Leighey house
18. organize my recipe collection in white binder
19. visit the Phillips Collection
20. read the Nikon D70 camera manual - finally!
21. take a trip to Maine!
22. bind NS's polaroids into a book
23. read six works of Shakespeare (with annotations)
24. purchase UI alumni license plate frame
25. make NS a tipi
26. attend National Book Festival (in September)
27. attend Virginia Festival of the Book (in March)
28. take a private tour of Gettysburg
29. take NS to the National Zoo
30. tour the Library of Congress
31. take a watercolor class
32. visit the National Gallery of Art to view Rothko
33. work through "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" or
take a drawing class

I've already completed #18 and #32. #18 was not so remarkable, it just took some serious chair time. #32 was remarkable and worth sharing. I promise more details soonish.

What's on your list?

1 comment:

Tootsie Marie said...

Holy Moly! that is one giant list! I turned 34 last month... I have no idea what I want to accomplish before next year..... I will have to think about it :)-