15 August 2011

now

We are...
  • enjoying some cooler temperatures (78-82 degrees, anybody?) and some much needed, though sporadic, rain
  • painting with acrylic paints on canvas for the first time and LOVING the results
  • reading stacks of books: mostly Newbery winners from 1978 to the present (my favorite so far is "The View from Saturday" by E.L. Konisburg - it is a remarkable, inspiring creation and I am not sure why people aren't constantly raving about it)
  • loving our farmer's market: we had Damson (I think?) plums and fresh figs with our lunch on Saturday...and the gratitude I feel, a woman with a black thumb, knows no bounds for these lovely, hard-working gardeners and farmers who provide these tasty treats for me
  • dreaming of Halloween costumes for My Girl...actually, I've started sewing it, but am still in the dreaming stage for the wings of her costume
  • loving the crepe myrtle that is blooming everywhere
  • rejoicing in a quiet, book-filled weekend
  • looking forward to a visit from a Tucson friend, a steel drum concert and sharing a strawberry-peach pie this weekend
  • procrastinating about my workout!
  • wondering how it is already mid-August
What are you up to?

No comments: